Q & A
About Sycor Technology
1. How long has Sycor Technology been in business?
Sycor Technology has been in business since 1981.
2. What markets do you serve?
Sycor Technology supplies wire and cable products for a huge number of markets:
- Military and Aerospace
- Electrical Transformers
- Lighting and Ballast Systems
- Automation and Control Systems
- Utility and Water Treatment Systems
- Telecommunications and Monitoring
- Security and Fire Alarm Systems
- Transit and Automotive
- Medical and Emergency Services
- Instrumentation Systems
- Broadcast and Entertainment
- Rail and Power
- Process Control
- OEM Manufacturing
- Industrial Equipment
- Power Management
- Solar Energy
- Oil and Gas
3. Do you sell and ship internationally?
Yes, Sycor Technology is Canadian based company serving the international market.
4. What certifications do you carry?
Sycor Technology has both UL and CSA certification. Our UL file numbers are E95566 and E109286. Our CSA file number is 55128
5. How do I open an account with Sycor Technology?
To open an account with Sycor Technology, you may contact our sales department, complete & submit a credit application (link). If you are interested in ordering without an account, we will accept orders by payment in advance (in some cases payment on delivery). We accept cash, corporate cheque, EFT, VISA, MC, AMEX. We also accept foreign wires subject to handling fees.
6. Where do you ship your material from?
All of our product ships from our Mississauga Ontario warehouse.
1. What types of products does Sycor Technology supply?
Sycor Technology can supply any type of wire, cable or cable management product such as heat-shrink, tubing, sleeving, cable ties and occasionally connectors. Of course, we can offer value-added services of wire cutting, marking, twisting, bonding and custom cable harness assembly. We can also assist you with creating custom cable for your specialty application.
Can’t find what you need on our site – contact our sales department to find it for you.
2. What products do you stock?
Sycor stocks many common types of wire and cable. However, there are too many types for us to carry everything. We have a trusted network of manufacturers and suppliers that allow is to source all your needs and can usually find what you need to satisfy your delivery requirements. Let Sycor Technology find the best sources for your products and buy all in one place.
3. Do you sell other products except wire and cable? See #1
1. Do you offer Value Added Services?
Of course, Sycor Technology is a value-added manufacturer and provides all kinds of services to customize your order, such as: cutting and stripping, printing, twisting, bonding, bundling, dyeing, re-spooling, striping, terminating, tin dipping etc. link to VAS page
2. Do you make custom cables?
Yes! We can make any cable design required.
1. How can I order from you?
You can easily request for quote online and one of our sales representatives will contact you or you can call or e-mail us directly.
2. How long does it take to get a quote back after “Request for Quote”?
It depends. Most standard items can be quoted within one day. Our sales team will contact you when the enquiry is received. Larger volume and custom products can take longer so that we can ensure the best price and delivery.
3. Is there a minimum order amount?
Yes, our minimum order value is $100.00. Some products may be subject to minimum order quantities or standard lot sizes which may affect the minimum order value.
4. Do you offer quantity discounts?
Yes, we can. We will always try to provide the best pricing based on the quantities you request. However, we would be pleased to offer price breaks if requested. If you have a higher annual usage or regular buying pattern for a product, let us work with you to achieve the best pricing.
5. What is your average processing time?
Sycor Technology offers such a wide variety of products that there is no standard timing. Lead times vary dependant on the product ordered, the quantity ordered and the value added services required. Please refer to your quotation for this information or contact a sales representative for more information.
6. What is the latest time I can place an order for the next day delivery?
It depends on the product availability and the carrier cut-off times to deliver to your location. Contact a sales representative for more information.
7. How long will it take to receive my order?
It depends on the carrier/service level selected.
8. Is my online information safe?
9. Do you accept returns and what is the return process?
Yes. Refer to standard terms of sale. Some returns may be subject to re-stocking charges and some products may be sold as non-cancellable/non-returnable but this will be clearly identified to you prior to sale.
1. Do I get notified when my order ships?
Yes, we can notify you or another party at your request.
2. What trucking companies do you use to ship?
Sycor Technology is partnered with several different carriers for both courier and LTL shipments. We can offer reasonable rates for shipments within Canada, or we can ship by the courier of your choice on your own account. Export shipments are typically only exworks on the receivers account with customs and duties the responsibility of the recipient.
3. What type of packaging do you use for the shipments?
Our wire and cable comes in all sizes. Spools may be plastic, metal, wood or cardboard. Some products are offered in pull boxes.
Shipments are wrapped, boxed or skidded as necessary to protect the materials during transit.
We will attempt to accommodate any special provisions you may have.
1. What forms of payment do you accept?
Sycor Technology accepts cash, corporate cheque, EFT, VISA, Mastercard and American Express. We also accept foreign wires for an additional handling fee.
2. Do you accept international credit card payments?
Yes, we can accept VISA, Mastercard or American Express cards issued on foreign banks, however, at this time, the sale can only be processed in Canadian dollars which will be converted to the billing currency of the cardholder account.